The Secretariat provides a range of internship opportunities for students or early career professionals to gain ‘hands on’ work experience aligned to their academic studies or area of professional interest.
Types of internships that may be available:
- Translator internships – for Australian-based or international students enrolled at the University of New South Wales or Monash University in language degrees. Interns will work in the Communication Section under the direct supervision of the relevant Translation Team Coordinator for a maximum of two weeks.
- Antarctic and Southern Ocean Internship – is the main component of a unit, offered in conjunction with the University of Tasmania, involving a six to ten week supervised placement in either the Secretariat for the Agreement for the Conservation of Albatrosses and Petrels (ACAP) or the CCAMLR Secretariat.
- Secretariat Internship – for Australian-based or international students or early career professionals interested in a range of Antarctic matters, including science, compliance, data, policy, law and communications to:
- take on a specific task or project for a period of six to eight weeks under the direct supervision of the relevant manager
- support the meetings of the Commission, including its subcommittees or the Scientific Committee and its working groups.
- International capacity building internship – for early career professionals with a role in their country’s engagement with CCAMLR. Interns will undertake a structured learning program about CCAMLR, its history, institutional structures, key successes and challenges for four to sixteen weeks.
If you are interested in an internship, email email@example.com your CV or résumé, a short summary of your area of interest and a statement describing how an internship with the Secretariat will contribute to your professional development.
Interns will be selected on the basis of a combination of considerations, including the intern satisfying Australian visa requirements (where appropriate), the intern confirming financial independence, the capacity of the Secretariat to provide appropriate support for the proposed duration of the internship and the relevance of the proposed internship to CCAMLR’s work.
Find out more about our Past interns.
|There are currently no interns at the Secretariat|