The Statistical Bulletin is published annually and contains:
- Catch and effort statistics for all fisheries in CCAMLR’s Convention Area
- Catch histories for selected fishery target species
- Trade statistics (landings and exports) of toothfish (Dissostichus eleginoides and D. mawsoni)
- Planimetric seabed areas by selected depth intervals in the Convention Area.
Information published in the Statistical Bulletin is available in three formats:
- Fisheries webpages (catch statistics for toothfish (D. eleginoides and D. mawsoni), icefish (Champsocephalus gunnari) and krill (Euphausia superba)
- Data files (csv format) for catch and effort statistics, krill catches by SSMU and trade statistics (CCAMLR Statistical Bulletin, Vol. 35 (6.84 MB)).
- Selected tables from the Statistical Bulletin are also available in pdf (CCAMLR Statistical Bulletin, Vol. 35 (6.84 MB)).
|The catch history of krill (E. superba) by month and small-scale management unit (SSMU) was added to the Statistical Bulletin in 2017. In addition, the boundary between Subareas 58.6 and 58.7 was revised in 2016 (CCAMLR-XXXV, paragraph 12.4) to simplify the management and reporting of fishery data from the French and South African Exclusive Economic Zones (EEZ) and this revision has been applied retrospectively to the entire time series of catch, effort and trade statistics.|
CCAMLR’s Convention Area extends from the coast of Antarctica to the Antarctic Convergence at approximately 45–60° South. The Convention Area is circumpolar and encompasses the southern sectors of the Atlantic Ocean (Statistical Area 48), Indian Ocean (Statistical Area 58) and Pacific Ocean (Statistical Area 88). Each statistical area is divided into subareas or divisions (refer CCAMLR's Online GIS).
Catch and effort statistics are based on monthly catch and effort data reported by subarea and division (known as STATLANT data). The STATLANT data are derived from haul-by-haul catch and effort data reported to the Secretariat. The STATLANT data are subsequently reviewed, and sometimes amended, by the national statistics offices of CCAMLR Members, and the coverage of fishing activities includes all fisheries operating inside the Convention Area. Catches of target species and by-catch taxa are reported as green weight in metric tonnes. CCAMLR's reporting standards for catch and effort statistics support the international standards set by the Coordinating Working Party on Fisheries Statistics (Partnerships).
Trade statistics are derived from the landings and exports of toothfish reported in CCAMLR’s Catch Documentation Scheme (CDS). The CDS covers catches taken from inside and outside the Convention Area. Landings of toothfish caught inside the Convention Area are summarised by subarea and division. Landings of toothfish caught outside the Convention Area are summarised by statistical area only. Exports and re-exports of toothfish product are summarised by Flag state of the fishing vessel, export state and unlading state. Trade statistics are reported for each species of toothfish (D. eleginoides and D. mawsoni) by calendar year since 2000. The geographic location of exported and imported product is used to assign export, re-export and import countries or entities. Landings and exports reported by some countries or entities may include data in respect of their overseas territories. Weights are expressed in metric tonnes, and provided for product weight and estimated green weight.