CCAMLR Science is a peer-reviewed journal published annually by the Commission for the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR). It contains articles dealing with the science that underpins the conservation and the rational use of Antarctic marine living resources.
The journal was established by the CCAMLR Scientific Committee to bring the high quality and diversity of science that contributes to achieving the objectives of the CAMLR Convention to a wider scientific audience; especially those with a particular interest in living resources management and Antarctic matters. Papers published in the journal cover numerous disciplines, including the biology and ecology of marine species, their population dynamics, ecological interactions and various issues of fishery economics and management.
All of the papers published in the journal were originally submitted as working papers to the working groups of the CCAMLR Scientific Committee. Each submission to the journal is initially reviewed by the Editorial Board and if approved is sent out for peer review.
The current Editorial Board members are:
- Dr Keith Reid (Editor)
- Dr Christopher Jones (Chair Scientific Committee)
- Prof. Philippe Koubbi (Vice-Chair Scientific Committee)
- Dr Xianyong Zhao (Vice-Chair Scientific Committee)
- Dr So Kawaguchi (Co-Convener WG-EMM)
- Dr George Watters (Co-Convener WG-EMM)
- Dr Mark Belchier (Convener WG-FSA)
- Dr David Ramm (CCAMLR Secretariat).