- Our study area encompasses all CCAMLR MPA Planning Domains contiguous to mainland Antarctica.
- We present the preliminary marine Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas (mIBAS) for penguins.
- A total of 64 definitive sites were identified as IBAs
- We present a systematic overview of the population and penguin distribution data considered
- We highlight areas where collaborative efforts could bolster marine spatial planning initiatives for Antarctic penguin species, and their associated biodiversity.
- We present more detailed results for MPA Planning Domains 3, 4 and 9.