Oceanites, Inc. is a US-based, nonprofit, scientific, and educational organization under US law, which was founded in 1987. Its mission is to champion science-based conservation and increased awareness of climate change and its potential impacts through the lens of penguins and Antarctica.
This report summarizes activities of Oceanites since CCAMLR-XXXVI and SC-CAMLR-XXXVI, including:
• Results from the latest, 24th consecutive field season of the Antarctic Site Inventory;
• Update on the Mapping Application for Penguin Populations and Projected Dynamics (MAPPPD);
• State Of Antarctic Penguins 2018 Report and penguin conservation efforts;
• Buffer zone reference tool;
• Update on Oceanites’ climate analyses;
• Camera work and additional research; and
• Recent scientific papers.