As agreed by SC-CAMLR in 2017 (SC-CAMLR-XXXVI, paragraph 10.17), a joint workshop was held between the Southern Ocean Observing System (SOOS) and CCAMLR in April 2018 to:
- Improve understanding of roles and operations between the two communities
- Identify reciprocal pathways of communication for exchange of information
- Identify synergies in data requirements and data management planning
This workshop was hosted and sponsored by the Australian Research Council’s Antarctic Gateway Partnership and SOOS.
A full workshop report is available http://soos.aq/resources/reports?view=reports. The workshop participants made a number of recommendations. All recommendations pertaining to Objective 3 are covered in SC-CAMLR-XXXVII/BG/19 submitted jointly by the USA, Belgium and SOOS.
This report provides an overview of:
- Enhancing SOOS-CCAMLR Collaboration
- SOOS Regional Coordination Networks
- SOOSmap data discovery tool
- Database of Upcoming Expeditions to the Southern Ocean