The Committee on Environmental Protection and SC-CAMLR have endorsed the proposal to hold a second Joint CEP/SC-CAMLR Workshop in 2016. The agreed general scope of the workshop is to identify the effects of climate change that are considered most likely to impact the conservation of the Antarctic, and to identify existing and potential sources of research and monitoring data relevant to the CEP and SC-CAMLR. At its meeting in 2015, the CEP discussed the workshop Terms of Reference, Steering Committee and workshop participation, and its possible location and timing. In order to make further progress on planning for the 2016 joint workshop, we encourage WG-EMM to:
- Consider items to be included in a draft Agenda, based on the proposed Terms of Reference
- Make further nominations for the Steering Committee, if required
- Consider potential invited experts who could provide relevant input to the workshop
- Discuss options for location and timing of the workshop, and remote participation
- Provide recommendations on the above points to the Steering Committee, and SC-CAMLR-XXXIV as appropriate.