The Ross Sea shelf survey has been conducted annually since 2012, with the most recent revised proposal presented in 2017 and spanning five years (2018–2022). This paper:
- serves as notification for the 2021 survey under CM 24-01 following the survey design proposed in WG-SAM-17/39, and annual notifications in WG-FSA-18/41 and WG-SAM-19/03;
- fulfils the new requirement for a self-assessment of research proposals;
- provides updated information needed for CM 24-05;
- proposes a catch limit allocation mechanism for the survey; and
- updates the milestone achievement table.