A summary of the work undertaken in relation to tasks identified at CCAMLR-XXXV for the attention of the Intersessional Correspondence Group – Sustainable Financing (ICG-SF) during 2016/17 is presented. During this period, the ICG-SF received information from the Secretariat relating to the following tasks requested by CCAMLR-XXXV:
- issues associated with funding conveners to meetings of the Scientific Committee and working groups
- considerations relating to the establishment of a Working Capital Fund
- a review of the contributions formula arrangements in other multilateral fisheries bodies
- further consideration of cost reduction and revenue generation options to support sustainable financing for the organisation
- a preliminary review of the contributions formula.
The Commission is invited to provide further advice and recommendations in relation to these and any additional matters relating to the sustainable financing of CCAMLR.