Non-Contracting Parties that harvest, land and/or trade toothfish while not cooperating with CCAMLR by participating in the [page:72725] are urged to become:
- a Contracting Party, or
- a non-Contracting Party cooperating with CCAMLR by participating in the CDS.
To attain the status of a non-Contracting Party cooperating with CCAMLR by participating in the CDS, a non-Contracting Party must provide a proposal to CCAMLR that:
- requests the status of a non-Contracting Party cooperating with CCAMLR by participating in the CDS, and
- includes a commitment to fully implement Conservation Measure 10-05, and
- demonstrates compliance can be ensured by its flagged vessels, and
- guarantees to respond to all alleged violations by its flagged vessels.
Non-Contracting Parties cooperating with CCAMLR by participating in the CDS
Non-Contracting Parties not cooperating with CCAMLR
At the annual Commission meeting held in October 2011, the Commission requested a list be made available on the CCAMLR website detailing non-Contracting Parties involved in the harvest, landing and/or trade of toothfish but not cooperating with the CDS. These non-Contracting Parties have failed to respond to CCAMLR's biannual letters providing CDS data and seeking cooperation:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Dominican Republic
- St Kitts and Nevis
- Trinidad and Tobago